Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I Had a Dream...

...that I zoned out during tomorrow's Girls Night Out (it's a Vodka U and we'll learn how to make 5 new cocktails! Squeeeel!) and fell hours behind schedule on getting the par-tay started. We were at the bar, idling--the girls were all waiting for my command to get Vodka U going and before I knew it, it was 2 hours into the evening. By then, Vodka U Prof was unfocused, the girls were hungry and bored and.... HOLY CRAP NIGHTMARE!!!

This GNO has been more intensive in its planning as it's more than just a dinner. I organized the venue to allow us the bar to ourselves for a few hours, the "professor" to help us out of the kindness of his heart, the caterer to bring us gourmet sandwiches at a discount, and--OMG I can't believe it really happened!--I asked all the girls to pay in advance. And they did!!! Their actions make me believe there is good in the world. Hallelujah!

Contrary to my (hopefully non-ominous) dream, things have been going smoothly to this point. I'll let you know how it goes after tomorrow.

Chotto Kowaiyo!!!!

3 comments:

Nina said...

is that girl wearing your dress?

Miss Ai said...

I KNOW~ I totally thought that too.
looks very similar!

Anonymous said...

Brave person, bravo.

Mom