Monday, January 12, 2009

SK-IIng

Actually, I have almost stopped SK-II'ing. Guess what. If you exercise, drink water, eat fruits, and don't put a lot of foundation on, your skin glows. So I'm saving my monthly donation at the SK-II counter for a few years down the road (though I do use good eye cream and may use theirs based on the sample I have. Plus I have their masks--yes, I know, jealous yet??--and it is helpful to have them for that twice a month picker up-er. What is in SK-II anyway?? Magic?!)

No, what I am talking about is skiING. Yes. I am a skier. However, I also enjoy the snowboard. I feel like I'm dating the enemy. Oooh... exciting.

You see, I thought I was going to try snowboarding and know that my true love are (is?) the ski's. However, ladies and gentlemen, let this be a lesson to all of us: your true love doesn't choose you, you choose it. Candidates are there to complicate situations. I think it's OK to know your options, but, at least for me, the longer I have options the longer I don't choose. It's important to decide, and when you cannot, just eliminate. So here it goes..

Snowboarding is... different. Younger. Laid back. Hard to turn but smoother ride.
Skiing is... a bit clunky. Traditional. Faster runs down the mountain.

I found out that liking them both is asking for trouble. In my case, I know if I don't settle I will never buy my own pair of boarding boots or that Prada ski suit. This means I'll be renting forever and that I'll never get really good at either. Meaning, it's a waste of time and I won't look good while I'm doing it. Wow, that sucks!

So. I choose to ski. Sure I'll go boarding once in a while--why not! I'm not married to my ski's. But I know my stance, and actually, that gives me more respect for the sport of boarding and those who chose it.

Let's not waste time. Let's live in the present, launch ourselves on every wave, and find eternity in each moment! (Thanks DT). Perhaps that is what it means to choose.

No comments: